When combined, the different versions of Internet Explorer leads globally with 43.9% which followed by Firefox with 29.3%. Google’s Chrome browser posts the biggest increase however, rising from 8.6% a year ago to 19.4% in May 2011.
Another great round-up of CSS3 and HTML5 tools.
This is by no means a one-size-fits-all solution, but if you have a simple text shadow that you want to present to IE users, and you prefer to avoid using a bloated script or plugin, then this single line of code could work.
You can find full details of CSS3 Animations support in Firefox 5 on the Mozilla Developer Network, and details of CSS3 Animations support in Webkit can be found on the Webkit blog. To date Webkit and Firefox are the only browsers to have implemented CSS3 Animations.
Normalize.css is a customisable CSS file that makes browsers render all elements more consistently and in line with modern standards. We researched the differences between default browser styles in order to precisely target only the styles that need normalizing.
We are passionate about the web, learning, and craftsmanship. We want you, as web designers and developers, to be successful in your careers. We feel, though, that W3Schools is harming the community with inaccurate information. Like any other authoritative educational resource, W3Schools should both hold itself to, and be held to, the highest standards.
Constantly updated and in no particular order, the best of the best.
What have I missed?
- CSS3 generator – Hoffman/Funk
- CSS3 generator – Randy Jensen
- Style Master tools
- Border radius
- Impressivewebs – CSS3 Click Chart
- Box shadow cross-browser examples
- CSS3 Please – Cross-Browser CSS3 Rule Generator
- CSS3 Gradient Generator
- CSS3.info – CSS3 Selectors Test
- The HTML5 test – How well does your browser support HTML5?
- findmebyIP – HTML5 & CSS3 Support
- CSS prefixer
- Use multiple text-shadows to create 3D text
- Pure CSS3 box-shadow page curl effect
- Drop down menus with pure CSS
- CSS 3.0 maker
- CSS3 Patterns Gallery
- caniuse.com – Compatibility tables for browser support of HTML5, CSS3, SVG and more
- CSS Wizardry’s Inuit CSS framework
- I can haz some … ?
- css arrow please
- CSS3 Pie – Progressive enhancement for Internet Explorer
- CSS Typography: Examples and Tools – uber list
- Revised Font Stack
- Font Squirrel @font-face generator
- Em calculator
- HTML5 Boilerplate – A rock-solid default for HTML5
- Mark Pilgrim’s Dive into HTML5
- Initializr – HTML5 templates generator
- HTML5 Doctor – Helping you implement HTMl5 today